Answer the following questions with information from George W. Bush's website:
In order to receive full for this assignment, it must be given to Mr. Charon on / before Friday, Dec. 10th
Republican Presidential Candidate,
George W. Bush
1. Why does the candidate want to become president of the United States?
2. List some of the candidate's positions on domestic or foreign policy:
3. List some of the themes that recur in the candidate's answers:
4. Name one event in the candidate's personal life that has had a profound impact on him? How did this experience change his life?
5. How would the candidate complete the following sentences:
The federal government should ______________
The federal government should not ___________
6. Which colleagues, advisors, or staff members are playing a role in the candidate's
campaign? Describe some of the individuals involved in the campaign and the roles
they are playing:
7. Which authors, colleagues, friends or family members have been influential in the
candidate's life? Explain how.
8. List some of the candidate's expectations or plans for the campaign.
9. Name something new that you learned from doing this assignment that you had not previously learned about the candidate from another source?
Feel free to E-mail Mr. Charon! with any questions or concerns about the above assignment.
You may also e-mail your answers to Mr. Charon!
All above questions are © 1999 C-SPAN