|THE KANSAS-NEBRASKA ACT (1854)|
1. Name the Senator that introduced a bill to set up a territorial government for the frontier west of Missouri and Iowa:
2. What were believed to be the above Senator’s two main reasons for writing the bill?
3. What does “popular sovereignty” mean? What was the purpose for including this idea in the bill?
4. How did the ideas of the Kansas-Nebraska Act of 1854 conflict with the Missouri Compromise of 1820? What did Douglas do to overcome these conflicting ideas?
5. Which President supported the bill?
6. What were two results of the of the Kansas-Nebraska Act?
When you have finished the above assignment, begin reading Introduction and finish with the Free Soil (next page). This will bring you up-to-date on the segements of the video, "The West" watched in class: Monday, Nov.16th
© 1998 Have a question about the assignment? "E-mail Mr. Charon!"