JHS SOCIAL STUDIES DEPT.
© 1998 Dan May-Dept. Chair
Courses available to 10th Grade Students
Geography & Ancient World History A
- This is a basic class and requires a teacher/counselor signature.
Geography & Ancient World History
- This course is the class recommended for most of the students in the 10th grade.
Geography & Ancient World History H
- This is an Honors course offering and requires more work, time and effort. This course requires a teacher signature.
- This is a course which includes a study of the Constitution, political parties, voting and national, state and local government structure and function.
- This course covers the growth and development of the west. Emphasis is placed on cattle barons, the Oregon Trail, the California gold rush, various Indian wars and contemporary issues.
- This is a course that covers human behavior, including the development of personality, sensation, perception, learning, and language. It also includes experiments and classroom participation. Advanced work emphasizes emotions, mental disorders and their treatments, personality theories, therapies, and testing.
- A course which covers human social institutions, problems, and the adjustments involved in living in modern society.
Special Programs of Note
- Courses which may be taken in students 11th and/or 12th years
- AP US History
- AP European History
- AP Art History
- American Problems
- Women's Studies
- American Gov't/Law
- Law Enforcement